CAC Certification Requirements
CLASSES ARE HELD FROM 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM DAILY. ONLINE CLASSES ARE DESIGNED TO BE 1 HOUR PER DAY.
All Odyssey CAC classes are OBH approved for Level I, II, III CAC requirements
CLASSES FOR CAC I, II, III students with a high school or bachelors degree - Clinical Masters degree requirements see below
Requirements for application for a CAC II with a Masters or Doctorate degree in the behavioral health sciences:
1. Principles of Addiction Tx – 21 hours
2. Infectious Diseases in Addiction Tx 14 hours
3. Pharmacology I – 14 hours
• Passage of a national examination sponsored by NAADAC—the MAC exam is recommended.
Course # 1, 5, 6, 7 may qualify for academic equivalent
Requirements for application for a CAC III and LAC with a Masters or Doctorate degree in the behavioral health sciences:
The applicant must meet all the requirements listed above for CAC II, plus the requirements listed below.
8. Clinical Supervision I – 21 clock hours
9. Clinical Supervision II – 14 clock hours (Prerequisite is both Advanced Motivational Interviewing and Clinical Supervision II)
10. Advanced Motivational Interviewing – (Prerequisite is Motivational Interviewing)
• Completion of 3000 total hours of work experience in the addiction treatment field with direct clinical supervision by a CAC III, LAC or other qualified supervisor* at a minimum of two hours per month for full time work.
·National exam sponsored by NAADAC – the MAC exam is recommended
Course # 10 may qualify for academic equivalent.
Continuing Education Information:
OBH - Office of Behavioral Health (Formally ADAD):
General Information: 303-866-7480
All CAC Classes are DBH approved for level I, II, and III certification requirements.
National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC):
Odyssey Training Center is an approved NAADAC provider (#344) and all the workshops are NAADAC approved for Continuing Education Credit.
Domestic Violence Offender Management Board (DVOMB):
All the Domestic Violence Counseling workshops at Odyssey Training Center are designed for Domestic Violence Providers. The Domestic Violence Offender Management Board (DVOMB) does not pre-approve classes. For more information and the standards please contact the DVOMB at 303-239-4456.